Nigerian Army Short Service Recruitment Portal 2022 | recruitment.army.mil.ng – The Nigerian Army Military Recruitment for Short Service Combatant Course for 2020 (SSC47/2021) is currently ongoing and all interested and qualified Nigerians are invited to apply online.
If you are interested in working with the Nigerian Army and you are qualified for the requirements for the Short Service Combatant Course position then this is an opportunity for you to submit you application and get the job.
- Nigeria Police Recruitment 2022 Application form online
- EFCC Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form Portal
- Applyportal.com.ng | Nigerian Recruitment and Jobs Application Portal
- NNPC Recruitment Exam Past Questions & Answers PDF | available for Download
- Print NPF Guarantor Form PDF | Nigeria Police Recruitment Login
- NCS Shortlisted Candidates List 2021 PDF | Nigeria Customs Recruitment
- Activate NJFP Recruitment Account Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme Account
Nigerian Army Short Service Recruitment Details.
The Nigerian Army (NA) Short Service Combatant (SSC) is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the Services of the Armed Forces shall be considered.
Nigerian Army Short Service Requirements.
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of
- Nigeria 1999 as amended.
- b. Be a male or female between the ages of 23 and 27 by January 2021.
- c. Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to Nigerian Army Standards.
- d. Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- e. Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- f. Measure in height at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female).
- g. Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must not have any disciplinary case and must be confirmed so by the Commanding Officer/Commander.
- h. Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from accredited institution of learning.Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of study.
- i. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- k. Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption.Applicants completing NYSC in 2020 are eligible to apply.
- l. Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from Year 2015 to date will be considered.
- m. Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- n. Candidates must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- o. Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- p. Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of official sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria.All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on application as required by Harmonized Terms and Conditions of Service for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Failing to do so constitutes an offence in addition to disqualification at any stage.
- q. Candidates must not be members of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
SSC will be granted for 15 years.Ten years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period not more than 5 years. No extension shall be granted after the fifteenth year of commission except on conversion to regular combatant commission where applicable.
- a. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of second lieutenant with seniority effective date of commencement of cadet training.
- b. Conversion to regular combatant commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- c. All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Short Service Combatant Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- d. The reckon-able period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be effective date of enlistment.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army Short Service Recruitment.
Follow this procedures carefully and make sure you meet all the requirements as mentioned above before you proceed to start the online application process for the Nigerian Army SSC Recruitment 2020.
- (1) Go online and visit Nigerian Army web page at https://recruitment.army.mil.ng and choose SSC or DSSC option from the page.
- (2) You will be redirected to the page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing SSC and DSSC courses.
- (3) Click on the “Apply Now” button for the SSC or DSSC as per your qualification.
- (4) At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving/have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- (5) If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to you email) or enter you login details and log in.
- (6) Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
- (a) Passport photograph.
- (b) Educational certificates.
- (c) Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- (d) Certificate of state of origin.
- (e) Birth certificate or age declaration.
- (7) For DSSC applicants, note that the qualification selections available to you are dependent on the preferred corps selected.
- b. Print Out. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin. Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at selected examination centers selected by applicants or assigned as appropriate. Successful candidates would also present their printed photo-slips at Examination Centers and subsequently to the Selection Board during interview.