ESO Science Journalism Internship Award in Germany 2022 – Fully Funded
ESO Science Journalism Internship Award in Germany 2022 – Fully Funded: fully funded tuition fees. Are you looking for scholarships in foreign countries? ESO Science Journalism Internship Award in Germany 2022 Fully Funded is available to all desiring applicants.
Application for the ESO Science Journalism Internship Award in Germany 2022 is now open! The international internship is solely funded by ESO (European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere). It is six months long internship. A monthly stipend will be given along with coverage of residential expenses. Various range of programs having specific requirements of print media, electronic media, and social media will be provided. This internship will be held in Germany by ESO. The main work will be based on astronomy.
See also: New Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship Award At Bangor University 2022
The European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere (ESO) is the foremost intergovernmental astronomy organisation in Europe and the world’s most productive ground-based astronomical observatory. ESO carries out an ambitious programme focused on the design, construction and operation of powerful ground-based observing facilities enabling astronomers to make important scientific discoveries.
ESO operates three unique world-class observing sites in northern Chile: La Silla, Paranal and Chajnantor (home to ALMA and APEX), and the ESO Headquarters are located in Garching, near Munich, Germany.
At Paranal, ESO operates the Very Large Telescope, the world’s most advanced visible-light astronomical observatory, and will host and operate the southern array of the Cherenkov Telescope Array, the world’s largest and most sensitive high energy gamma-ray observatory. ESO is a major partner in ALMA, the largest astronomical project in existence. And on Cerro Armazones, ESO is building the 39-metre Extremely Large Telescope (ELT), which will become “the world’s biggest eye on the sky” and whose operations will be fully integrated into the Paranal Observatory.
See also: Full Tuition Scholarships at Fordham University – USA 2021/22
Through your involvement in various projects and with our support, you will have the opportunity to understand and learn:
- About the mission of ESO and the role and responsibilities of the Department of Communication for its implementation;
- How a large international scientific organisation works in practice and in particular what are the workflows, processes and procedures within the Department of Communication;
- How to write about complex scientific issues in an engaging and understandable manner;
- What is required to coordinate big events and projects;
- How written text and audiovisuals can be combined to make science attractive and approachable to the public.
- University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships in USA 2021/2022
- Canada Permanent Residency Program for Essential Workers and International graduates 2021
- Apple announces ‘Unleashed’ special event for October 18, M1X MacBook Pros expected
- eNaira: How to Use the Nigeria Digital Currency
- UK Visa Application Requirements – Easy Steps to Apply for United Kingdom Visa
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School Admission Form 2020/2021 | Application Portal
- Npower salary today October, 2021 and latest update on recruitment
- Taraba State University, TASU cut off mark 2020/2021
We are looking for people who want to gain experience in science communication of frontline astronomy projects.
You should have some previous experience in written science communication/journalism in English and in particular communicating astronomy or other physical sciences to the public. You should also have a knowledge of astronomy that allows you to understand scientific papers. You must be fluent in English both written and oral and have strong MS Office applications skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Candidates currently studying or having recently completed a University degree in science, science communication or science journalism, are preferred.
See also: Danish Government Masters Scholarships at University of Copenhagen
You should be able to:
- Understand and translate scientific research into simple concepts and write about it to general audiences in an engaging and accurate manner;
- Provide clear, concise and timely written and oral communications;
- Work under time pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines and standards;
- Work both on your own initiative and as part of a team;
- Build good collaborative working relationships with people from different cultural backgrounds and disciplines.
See also: University of Queensland PhD Scholarship in Australia 2021/2022
How to Apply:
Applicants interested in this internship opportunities, you are invited to apply online at http://jobs.eso.org/. Applications must be completed in English and should include a motivation letter (1 page) and your CV (2 pages). Please also upload two written samples (each no more than 5 pages long) that demonstrate ability to communicate science to a wider audience (e.g. blog posts, magazine or newspaper articles, press releases, etc). Please note that only complete applications, with all required materials in English, will be accepted.
See also: UTS Gradwell Brungs Scholarships (latest scholarship news) | How to apply
As this is a rolling position, there is no application deadline. Therefore please state within your application your approximate preferred start date, if you have one. Applications are reviewed every 4-6 months throughout the year.